Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Finds

Spring is on it's way...that is apparent today in our little town...the sun is shining and there is hope for a warmer future! Along with a new season also comes a re-newed appreciation, an appreciation for my father....an original "American Picker" I **LOVE** this History Channel show and it reminds me of my father in so many ways...


I remember as a young child, being on road trips through neighboring counties with my family, and my sister's & I being soo embarrassed about my father stopping at some random home and asking to purchase an antique he has spotted in their yard....not to mention stopping at EVERY yard sale, flea market, & thrift store hoping he might spot a great find...

In the past couple of years I have come to appreciate all of his great finds and only wish I was gutsy enough to ask a stranger about some antique lying around in their yard...so thanks dad for passing down your appreciation for antiques and junking!

one of my fathers greatest finds is this...


It is a McCaskey cash register manufactured in Alliance, Ohio in the 1920's


however this was not found at a flea market or yard sale...


my Great-Grandfather acquired this beauty in used condition for his pool hall he ran in the 1950's...in fact he ran his pool hall in an old building that was right across the street from where my boutique sits now...unfortunately the old building is now torn down but I like to think a bit of his history now lives on in his Great-Grand-Daughters boutique!

so THANKS DAD! for letting this beautiful piece grace the counter at my store...


Also gracing my counter are some fun Spring scrapbook supplies, so stop by and stock up for Spring!

2 comments:

Janelle - The Farmer's Wife said...

So glad you stopped to visit!!! Yes, a NASCAR fan I am!!!! Never thought I would love it like I do!! Love it almost as much as junk!!

Vintage Remixed said...

Hi Kaylin,

I'm so glad you found me. You have a beautiful blog too. How lucky you are to have such an amazing piece of history. I know you will treasure that register forever. Your blog banner is really cute too!!